Selection of MEDS projects
From MEDS Wiki
STRATEGIC EVALUATION PROCESS OF MEDS PROJECT PROPOSALS
Main evaluation criteria of a workshop proposal:
- quality of outcome
- the teaching of skills = learning opportunities for participants
- possibility for the participants to actively (influence the) design
- the aspect of fun during the workshop
- does the workshop align with the overall theme or a proposed site for an intervention?
- cost of the project
- realistic timeline (is the work going to be finished by 10-15 participants in 10 days of work?)
Assessment of the future tutors:
- has the person been to any MEDS before?
- how senior is the person? (still student / graduated / young professional / professional)
- quality of CV and portfolio
- does the person have teaching/workshop experience?
- does the tutor speak English on an acceptable level?
- are they involved in the development of MEDSnetwork or future MEDSworkshops?
Overall we’re aiming for a diverse mix of:
- professions (architecture, design, etc.)
- workshop categories
- proposed sites of intervention
- new faces and MEDSalumni
For tutors whose proposal isn’t being chosen:
- automatic offer to be a participant
- try to pair small tutor teams as co-tutors (not more than 3 persons per team also no single tutors)