From MEDS Wiki
WHAT IS SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNICATING AND WHY
Social media helps us to communicate on common platforms what
- MEDS Network
- MEDS Workshop
Each have one Facebook and Instagram page.
The reasons are simple: We want to focus on the whole network and our strongest initiative, the workshop, so that the branding is clear and is not misleading our audience.
SHORT EXCERPT FROM THE PAST
We had many national Facebook and Instagram pages which were not updated/taken care of. A lot of reposting happened and MEDS as a brand was diluting. That's why we have been merging and deleting all national Facebook and Instagram pages and link it to one business account.
- Obligatory type of posts:
- What’s going on in the network and community.
- Where is next workshop going to take place?
- Where is the next FORUM / GALLERY / TRAVEL / ETC take place?
- Important dates in MEDS: deadlines for tutor call, participant call, volunteer call etc.
- Important sponsors.
Hype up Posts
- Before the events – revelling the details such as place, team, surprises
- Countdown before application deadlines
- Why are these posts important? At the same time, they are providing the information, as well as keeping the energy high and people motivated.
- Behind the scene vibe – Who we are, what we do and how we do it
- Keeping the community live
- Connection among MEDS family members
- Attracting new members
MEDS workshop Facebook page How we did the albums so far:
- Name: MEDS Gent ’17 Urban Heaven: Name of the Project
- Description: Tutors and participants listed, followed by the short description of the project.
- Every project gets a separate album